Australian refiner receives prestigious international accreditation
- ABC Refinery, part of the Pallion group of companies, has been accredited by global markets company CME Group, which will allow ABC Bullion to be traded on the New York Commodity Exchange (COMEX) – one of the world’s largest gold exchanges.
- The refiner is also accredited by the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) and the Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE).China’s gold price was trading at too big a discount compared to the overseas price.
- Phillip Cochineas, managing director ABC Refinery, said, “This accreditation ensures ABC Bullion bars will continue to be a preferred brand in the global marketplace and remain sought after for years to come.”
- It is a positive reflection on the entire Pallion family, which has enabled us to achieve this high international standard and furthers our support of the Australian gold industry by increasing demand for Australian gold
- ABC Refinery uses the acid-less separation (ALS) process as part of Pallion’s ‘green gold’ refining standard, which Kratsas says is part of the group’s broader goal to lead the industry in technology and innovation.