Taiwan, US workshop looks at e-waste disposal
- Taiwan’s experience of resource recycling and e-waste management was shared at the 2019 International E-waste Management Network Workshop, taking place from Monday (Dec. 2) to Wednesday in Bangkok.
- More than 50 experts and scholars from nine counties are attending this year’s workshop. They will share their countries’ experience of e-waste management and resource recycling, in addition to innovative technologies in related fields.
- Taiwan’s delegation includes employees from eight companies that have leading technologies in recycling, Yen said.
- He added that he hoped the companies would get opportunities to expand their businesses in Southeast Asia through the workshop, CNA reported.
- Justin J. Harris, Senior Program Manger, Asia-Pacific, U.S. EPA, said that Taiwan and the U.S. have been working together for more than two decades. He said the purpose of the International Environmental Partnership initiative is to strength the e-waste management networking, environmental education, and marine waste disposal.